Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    At my place of employment we have machines that we maintain. For some of those machines, the vendor sold my employer a computer system, basically a desktop, but designed to do alot more, remote administer etc.
    On this unit, all of our drawings and bill of materials for these vendor specific machines were put on it. All of this information runs in acrobat. It comes up full screen with navigation buttons for each machine, then to the section of machine, then to the drawings for that section where there are zoom buttons that allow you to zoom in on this page to view the drawing closer in detail, and finally to the bill of materials, or parts list, as we call it. I've tried to duplicate any portion of this design with acrobat, and cannot. I think it was imported from some other software of something.
    We have since added other machines, either of this manufacturer or others. This sytem works very well and I would like to duplicate it with more up to date software. I love FrontPage as a hobby, and also java script. I think I may have a handle on converting the drawings to jpeg, and inserting them into pages, but the problem comes in when I want to be able to "zoom" in on the image and view it in detail. Am I going to have to just build an identical, maybe seperate window page that pops up on a zoom hyperlink, with printing options from there? Or would it easier to try and insert a flash movie with controls into the page? The flash method, if possible,(haven't tried it yet) would be cool, with ability to rotate and pan and so on, but, would it be just too much work for the cause?

If anyone has done something similar to this, or has a complete all around different method, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you !

Remove Ads