Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I recentl created a small personal website using the brilliant SmartSite CMS. As usual Yahoo! has crawled my site faster then google but my page is getting too high a ranking! If you search "blocking ip's php" my website comes first! Now I have flimsy content on there and not much bandwidth and also don't want to get hits where people aren't actually finding anything useful. I mean search it and take a look at my script! IT'S PATHETIC! What can I do? Is it just Yahoo! messing up?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Getting top ranking doesn't neccecarily always mean that you're getting lots of traffic. Take a search for Marketing music design fluff and you'll see my website come up. Now, I don't get any traffic from this #1 ranking, but I'm #1.

So, I wouldn't worry until you actually start acruing traffic - which is always a good thing! Never a bad thing!
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Its true, i've gotten top rank on some phrases and came out with nothing. But "blocking ip's php" seems like it might be popular. Specially when you get like top 6 no matter how you re-word the phrase. What i would do is, see how it goes the first month. If it doesn't do anything, then your ok. If bandwidth gets crazy, then you only have 2 options: Take it down, or thrown in some advertisements for PHP and JS books Keep me up to date, i'd love to know how many hits you are getting from that phrase. ryas@optimumsite.com
    Coming this summer...Optimum Site.Com !
    Yea i know, it sounds like a bad movie promo, but it'll be good, I PROMISE! :classic:

Remove Ads