Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Member #
    :sleeping: :surprised: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Perfect summary of thoughts... lol.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    That's huge.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    That really sucks. Does this mean that they could possibly be doing away with certain products(fireworks, freehand,frame maker,etc)?
    Stupid monopolies. Now adobe controlls most of web design software.
    When life gets you down grab some M&M's.
    http://www.lebanonequestrians.org

Member #
    They are bound to ditch certain products. I really hope fireworks isn't one of them. I have grown to love it in the past 3-4 months and no I couldn't go a day without it.

This deal is the deal that will potentially change the design industry. Now there is just one major company dictating the future of the web. That's a pretty scary thought in my opinion.

On a plus though it may make work easier and files more compatible. Exporting from one, and straight into the other with no problems and not losing quality or certain visual effects.

Maybe they will combine the strong points of certain products together. Dreamweaver with it's bundle of features, Golive with it's stability.
    I just fear that by looking from the products and getting an idea of what's hot and what's not, there may be no place there for Fireworks.

I'm not sure if many people realise just how big this is, that these two giant companies are merging?

A few more details can be found here, http://www.markme.com/mesh/archives/007504.cfm if you interested that is.

Any one else have any thoughts or opinions on this? Maybe where you see the company heading with it all? What programs will be kept and what programs will be ditched?

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    All I care is that they not axe Dreamweaver and Photoshop. They obviously won't kill Photoshop but Dreamweaver has a competitive Adobe product. They'll still probably keep it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think Dreamweaver would be too prestigious to just axe straight off.

I just hope that the Macromedia style of user interface is retained in favour of Adobe's "let's try to suprise the user and break standards" interface.

Member #
    I think GoLive will be ditched to be honest maybe small aspects of that product will be used.

But lets face it. The only REAL reason behind this is Flash. It has to be. Adobe had nothing in this area.

Dave Shea summed it up pretty well for me with this post, http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/20...obia/index.php

Products they must keep instead of others are Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Flash in my opinion. They are the big sellers in their areas and seem the obvious choices. All the others I'm not sure what they will do with. I think there will be a lot of merging going on. Certainly going to be a tad interesting watching how this all unfolds. Like I said though, I will be sad to see them say goodbye to Fireworks. I love that program now. But I think your say filburt. The only product which I think wont have to worry for it's life is Photoshop.

I still can't quite believe this is happening. Just seems to have come out of the blue. Did I miss something?

Member #
    This was a stunning surprise, as I thought both companies had a solid userbase in different markets, and were not in direct competition with each other.(apart from fringe products like GoLive etc)

However, they are both market leaders in two intertwining fields. It's a natural development from that standpoint.

Hopefully we'll get the best of both worlds (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash) combined in a new bundle that seamlessly work together.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Does this mean GoogleGulp might become real?

You know, because of the monopoly thingy and people taking over other stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads