Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi:
    I'm a newbie to this forum and to webdesign.
    I have just set up a hosting account and was thinking about buying a commercial template. I have downloaded a sample template to try before buying and I have tested it in a free account in the same server where I signed up for a hosting account.
    My question is:
    To upload the sample site files to my server, I have to upload them via FTP. I have tried to do this, but I have to upload one file every time. Is there any way to upload them together? There are lot of files in the sample-site folder (images, fonts, etc) and it takes a lot of time to upload them all.

Thanks กกก

Member #
    Are you using FTP via command prompt or are you using a client? You can download a client like SmartFTP for free and it makes things a lot easier and more visual. You end up with a local file browser like explorer and you also have your remote folder on one screen. Then you can just select everything you want from your local folder and drag it them into the remote folder.

At least I think this is what you were referring to.

Member #
    Hi

There are several good programs that have a graphical interface for FTP. Try FileZilla from http://filezilla.sf.net and SmartFTP from http://www.smartftp.com and see which one you like.
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    Try BPFTP.

Once you've organised everything in a proper site manner, one click to your desired folder you wish to upload and bang.

Help this helps

Remove Ads