Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: FTP Clients

Member #
    Hello,
    In case you don't know I am a sofware developer and I am designing a new FTP Program. Before I design the program I would like to here what you web developers look for in an FTP program so I can make my program useful! Please if you have a minute please could you fill out my simple questionnaire? at http://rahsoftware.com/ftp_questionnaire.aspx

Kind Regards,
    Robert A Heeley
    rob@rahsoftware.com
    http://www.rahsoftware.com

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    You should note that many, if not most, of us use free FTP clients. I personally use SmartFTP and see no reason to switch.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    i'm not sure if its already been made, but sometimes when i copy directories, the CHMOD attributes do not follow. This would be a very usefull tool. Or if there was a feature where you could save CHMOD attributes so that it would not have to be manually configured again. Nevertheless, i'll fill out the questionnaire some time today.
    Coming this summer...Optimum Site.Com !
    Yea i know, it sounds like a bad movie promo, but it'll be good, I PROMISE! :classic:

Member #
    Thanks! I am getting great feedbacks and about Smart FTP, according to Downloads.com it's not that popular plus Smart FTP is not free for commerical use.

Member #
    You need to try FileZilla. It's open source and can't be beat on features or functionality. It's an ugly interface though but it sure is a very functional interface. It will take a lot to move me away from FZ.

By the way: http://filezilla.sf.net .
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    I think your survey is a bit too general. Obviously we all would like ease of use and visual appeal.

most ftp needs are pretty much fullfilled by free ftp clients. I personally use gftp on gnome. You might want to consider your potential market size and/or find a particular market niche that's not filled.

Remove Ads