Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm doing a career research project for school, and I need to complete an "interview" with a person (people ) that are already in my chosen field. As I will be working as a freelance web developer for a year or two before I get my own business off the ground, I was wondering if some of you could help me out by answering a few questions for me.

I'd be quite happy if some people could post information on:
    1. Expected income per year via freelance work
    2. The types of education you have/need for the work you do
    3. Your plans for the future (in web development or not)
    4. The things you like/dislike about the job
    5. Your working environment (office/home, full-time/part-time/spare-time, etc)
    6. Anything else that you might want to say.

Thank you very very much for your help with this, as there's not much out there for concrete information on web developers.

PS-- This is more than just a school project to me, it's also my intended line of work after high school. Any and all information that you guys give me will help, not only with school, but with planning for my future and organizing my life to reach the goals I will set. Thank you all!

Member #
    Nobody has any answers to me?

Member #
    1. N/A because I dont know
    2. Graphic design
    3. Start a studio including things such as audio and video production
    4. Nothing really except for when I cant come up with a good design
    5. Office/home
    6. This is the best job there is

Member #
    1. It really depends on your expirence level you can look at starting at almost nothing.
    2. Definatly some kind of graphic design expirence. Flash would also be good since alot of the bigger companies are going to flash based sites. You also need good budgeting skills if this is all you plan on doing (Personally I suggest make it a second job until you start pulling clients). Also programing expirence is good because alot of people like MySQL, PHP, or ASP.net
    3. Starting a development company of my own after I get a degree in computer science.
    4. I like it but without a team of people you cant move fast enough to make any good money unless you practically kill your self on every project.
    5. Working at home with some friends part time at the moment.
    6. Make sure you go to college first and get atleast a bachelors degree in buisness.

P.S. Please disregard my typo's.
    When life gets you down grab some M&M's.
    http://www.lebanonequestrians.org

Member #
    Thanks for the replies. I'd still appreciate a few more, I've got another project on the go now wanting very similar information.

Remove Ads