Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This is my first time making a webpage and I am using Frontpage. I know very little, therefore, about webpages. The webpage I am making is for a class and we have been provided with a site to upload on. I have uploaded my pages and everything is fine except for the theme graphics. I have chosen preset themes in Frontpage for my webpages and any graphics related to them, including banners, backgrounds, bullets, page dividers, and link bars, show up as broken. Everything else uploads fine. Can someone please explain this to me simply and tell me how to fix it? Thanks so much.

Here is the site: http://students.usm.maine.edu/sarah.j.anderson
    It links to the other sites I created that I am also having theme problems with.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Welcome to the forums!

The title picture is linked to:
    http://students.usm.maine.edu/sarah....tsy010_bnr.gif

Is that where it actually is? Unless the picture is named "index.html_cmp_artsy010_bnr.gif", I'd say your link is messed up. What is the correct name of the file?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    Welcome to the forums!

The title picture is linked to:
    http://students.usm.maine.edu/sarah....tsy010_bnr.gif

Is that where it actually is? Unless the picture is named "index.html_cmp_artsy010_bnr.gif", I'd say your link is messed up. What is the correct name of the file?

No...let me see if I can explain this. I created 5 linked pages and saved them all individually. When I saved them for the first time after applying the theme, a message popped up that I would have to save the embedded files as well...meaning the theme graphic files. So, apparently they are embedded into the pages, because I looked in every image and web folder and they are nowhere to be found. If i could find them, I could upload them individually and that would probably fix it.

Member #
    But I have no clue where these files are, or what they are called, or how to upload them, or even if that is the problem. Someone suggested that they were corrupted, but they are preset themes off of Frontpage, so shouldn't they be easier to upload than graphics I applied to the page from elsewhere?

Member #
    Liked
    753 times
    With this class of yours ... are you required to use FrontPage?

If you are not required to use FrontPage, I would find someone
    that can give you a quick lesson in HTML and FTP. Once you see
    how easy it really is, you'll never want to use Frontpage again.

There must be some other students or teachers that can get you
    started with a simple webpage using Notepad or Wordpad. You'll
    then use an FTP program to upload your files.

It sounds really technical and hard, but it's really not.

Webpages are just simple text files and graphic files (images).

Member #
    No....

No, unfortunately we are required to use Frontpage. It is for an education class and our professor wanted us to learn how to implement specific programs into the classroom.

Member #
    Liked
    753 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aranel84
    No, unfortunately we are required to use Frontpage. It is for an education class and our professor wanted us to learn how to implement specific programs into the classroom.
    Darn-it :angry:

Why do schools do this?

Remove Ads