Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Im using DW MX and I have a image I edited with the "map edit" type feature, then i opened a layer and put it over the desired part, but i cant figure out how to have the text scrollable, and clear to see the picture under it. I just dont know what to do. Can someone help me out? :dead:

Member #
    to the rescue

yo MC! i have done this. i have used two different methods. first is an iframe:
    if you want the code i can send it to you rather then spam the thread with code.

the other is a dhtml scroller you can find at podlob
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    Awesome Ill check that out and see if I can find out anything. If not Ill hit you hit for that code. Thanx Elvis!

Member #
    i use this free javascript scroller and it works great: http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tigra_scroller/

it's pretty simple to incorporate into HTML if you read the directions

Member #
    tiger scroll

thanks david. i just downloaded it. i like how it pauses at each picture and it works fine in safari. thanks for the link. did you check out the one at podlob.com?
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    Don't use iframes!!!

In CSS, you can set an attribute to scroll when the content excedes the size of the div.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Allowing for content in a design

I have been given a completed design and am putting it together in Dreamweaver.
    The basic design is a rectangle within a rectangle.

The inner rectangle contains the graphics and content and the outer is the background color.
    In the inner rectangle, the navigation is over an image - the image is the background for the navigation only.
    The navigation is a vertical rectangle on the left.

My problem is, I am not sure how to handle adding content.
    Scrolling content might be an option, but I need others, because
    I don't have final say.

I have tried blending the bottom of the navigation image into the background color, and also fading the image to white at the bottom (white is the background of the inner rectangle).
    I am not satisfied with either of these.

thanQ in advance!

Member #
    Hi Ptoot, I honestly think you should have started your own thread, but any ways, since your question is here, I will give you my opinion...

I would first separate the nav into its own rectangle. This way, you can change the content without moving the nav in the layout.

I'd try to put the background in the OUTER rectangle. Even if it's an image with a border, you can always have the inner circle with the no background.

Here are the advantages: dealing with only ONE background allows you to control the fades in your graphics editor AND makes it so as the content changes, the background needn't expand, scroll or move in any way.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads