Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I added a background sound (.wav file) in Dreamweaver, and also some rollover sounds using Behaviors, and everything worked beautifully at home, but when I took my website files to a friend's house and downloaded them on her computer, instead of playing the background sound and rollover sounds, the browser kept trying to open the sounds in Quicktime as soon as the mouse rolled over the image, and the page kept changing to a plain browser with a Quicktime player in it. How can I ensure that anyone viewing my site who has Quicktime as their default player, does not experience this? Is there some kind of coding I can include that will either play the sound in Windows media as it was intended, or just show a missing link box as it does in Netscape. I really want my rollover sounds to work!

Member #
    This is probably not the kind of answer you would like to your question, but my advice is to stay clear music etc. when creating websites. It makes the site heavier and slow, and you're not guaranteed other people will avoid the same problems you just experienced yourself!

People on the net are extremely impatient so keep it clean and to the point. Dont let other things (such as music that doesn play) ruin their impression of your work.

Member #
    Flash sounds are always good too

Remove Ads