Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Here is the situation.

Client has powersports store is a yamaha franchise.

wants E-commerce site with the 19,000 products he has, this is including parts. What solution can I use to make this as easy as possible. Are there any Parts Specific solutions out there? How about images to go along? Will they be easy to upload along with part number...he currently has this in Lightspeed parts and accounting Software. And Finally what would you charge? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Member #
    Whatever you do, I think it will be pretty darn tedious and time consuming.

I do'nt think there is really a shortcut as there isn't anything that can be automated. It's going to take a long time and that's that. I would try and figure out how long this is going to take you and then just choose what hourly figure you fancy. I think it would cost a fair amount and it's going to take ages to do inless you get a number of people in helping.

I didn't realise there were so many products for that sort of thing :-D

Member #
    I would up the cost and put a team together to work on the whole thing. Have each of them do specific sections. You could use asp.net and link create the interface that way using a data base. (It would be faster once you got a template.) I would charge an hourly rate suficant to take care of my time and work as well as the time and work of my team/teams.Plus a little extra so that I made some kind of profit.
    When life gets you down grab some M&M's.
    http://www.lebanonequestrians.org

Member #
    I do'nt think there is really a shortcut as there isn't anything that can be automated. It's going to take a long time and that's that. I would try and figure out how long this is going to take you and then just choose what hourly figure you fancy. I think it would cost a fair amount and it's going to take ages to do inless you get a number of people in helping
    That's what I was fearing, I might have to turn this one down, I'm a part timer...so I really don't have all the time in the world something like this requires.

Member #
    That's what I would do I think. It's not really a job you would want, especially if you are only doing this part time. If you can afford to do so, only take on the projects that you know you will enjoy and will be rewarding. I can't see this one being much fun. Perhaps rewarding if you charged a lot?

Normally, if you don't really want the job, don't just say no to them. Put in a high price. If they accept, then your laughing. If they don't you are as you were.

Member #
    He's not totally committed on it just yet, but I think if I price it high enough he'll forget about it and might just go for the $500 static 4 pager instead

Remove Ads