Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    People have always said it will happen one of these days, well...it did.

Microsoft have announced their new graphics app called Acrylic.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

Check it out. I have had a very very quick play,and it's not that bad. It's only in beta so download it and see what you think.

UPDATE: Read http://www.bd4d.com/blog/?p=50 for some more info and an opinion from a good designer who has given it a test run already.

Member #
    I doubt it will have a large impact on the design community. There are way to many *die-hard* Adobe fans out there to compete with.

Member #
    Exactly...Photoshop rules the design world, just like the Playstation. When the XBOX came out, the PS2 sales were still triple that of XBOX. Acrylic will not become near as popular as Photoshop has ever been.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Could they possibly make an interface any more ugly?

Member #
    Yeah. I think they will have a lot of changes before it hits the shops but I think it will have more of an impact on the industry then people are anticipating. It's Microsoft after all and it they didn't think it was a good market to get into, they wouldn't bother.

Maybe it wont take over the likes of Photoshop, but I still think it will appeal to a large number of people. And maybe in years to come, the younger designers getting into the industry will start to use it and be introduced to it from an early age. I doubt the old faithfuls will be bothered much.

Member #
    Let's give Microsoft the chance to prove itself before we get on into any conclusion. And besides competition is good we the end users are always at the advantage. Think about it guys!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes.. the long awaited update to MS paint!! Guess Ill check it out and see what it has to offer.

Remove Ads