Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys, my name is Dave Gaon I am new to the world of web design. I need to design a simple e-commerce website with several pages. Could you guys give some suggestions of what website building software should I use. Something simple and easy to use probably fits me since am new to this field. Also, price is not a problem since my company pays for it. Thanks a lot for helping!

Dave Gaon

Member #
    you can always pay one of us to do it for you :]

oscommerce is pretty popular, not sure about the details though.
    there are also many free and commercial content management systems that have e-commerce features.

Member #
    can someone say dreamweaver MX

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can, but I tend to tag a 2004 on the end ;-).

Seriously, though, Dreamweaver is good for developing HTML, but I've found it rather lacking when it comes to PHP development. If you're going to use a separate system like oscommerce, of course, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I also personally dislike the fonts/highlighting colors DW uses, but that's personal preference and I've never actually bothered to poke around to try and find a preference to change these.

And let me take this opportunity to say that the only nice fixed width fonts I've found easily available (i.e., without a web search) have been on Linux. w00t for Bitstream Vera Sans :-)

Member #
    stop sleeping, buy tons of book, search the web, and start learning. in a year or two you won't need any software anymore. hehe good luck tho!

Member #
    Except I don't think he has any desire to wait a year or two for his e-commerce site.

Member #
    Oh, I forgot... I was kidding.

Remove Ads