Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    What would be the best term to collectivly define: news columns, movie reviews, tutorials on various things, and all that sort of text-y stuff?

I took a screenshot of my navigation and attached it to this post.

After clicking on a link, it would bring you to a page with a header, a short description of the category, and then a list of subcategories bulleted (similair to the screenshot). I think that the navigation is very clear except for 'articles'.

If someone was visiting the site taking time at it I think they would be able to find what they where looking for very easily, but I'm concerned about the visitor who is looking for something very specific and will leave if it doesn't seem to be there right away.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jason

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Writing or Work are the only ones I can think of.
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    hmmm, those might work.

I thought about calling it "The Vault" but I didn't want to since that is what alot of sites do when they have alot of different kinds of content to label.

"Library" might work, but that infers something different than I offer. When I think of Library I think of alot of novels and reference peices. But it's also unique, which could make my site slightly different than the hundreds of other site which do the same thing.

btw, I saw the link in your signature and I was exited to see it (since I remember when you where first making it a while back) but it's coming soon,
    Jason

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Library's good, although it sounds a bit like a personal creative writing section, although maybe that's what you're looking for?

--

Hehe, how long ago was that? I've redesigned I think last March, and now I'm doing it again. I can't seem to keep a design for longer than a couple of months...

But hey, I might post in How's My Site when it's up, else I'll PM.
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    I was thinking 'archive', but that's obviously used on the web for different purposes. It would fit though.

Member #
    Archive or Library, they both are very fitting
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    yea, I guess both Library and Archive would work. Does anyone think one is better than the other? I think "archives" looks better on the screen typed on on my page.

tekp: I think it was brown and black, and it's main feature was your blog. It was the one in jan. or feb. of 2004, we both joined at around the same time and we posted in the hows my site at around the same time too.
    Jason

Remove Ads