Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i just got this program.. consider me a complete newbie, where should i go and where should i start to learn this new tool in the quickest most efficient way?

Member #
    none

first go here:
    http://www.echoecho.com/flash.htm

if you are using flash for videos go here: http://www.sfdt.com/support/viewforum.php?f=1

if you want to use it for web sites then go here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/flash/default.asp

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've personally also found the Macromedia tutorials that come with the program to be very very useful. ActionScript is a totally separate issue, too, and that's where Flash really becomes awesome. Again, I used Macromedia's tutorials and the built-in documentation to figure that out, but I can usually parse technical docs better than a lot of other people I know (for example, I usually use the W3C technical reports for the DOM and CSS instead of tutorials in order to figure out how to do stuff), so you might want to look for alternate sources, too.

And as much as free online tutorials are useful, I would recommend getting a hard copy book from a local bookstore to help you out. There are a lot of very good ones out there, and I usually find that having something printed is helpful when working with Flash or other computer tools.

Member #

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    I've personally also found the Macromedia tutorials that come with the program to be very very useful. ActionScript is a totally separate issue, too, and that's where Flash really becomes awesome. Again, I used Macromedia's tutorials and the built-in documentation to figure that out, but I can usually parse technical docs better than a lot of other people I know (for example, I usually use the W3C technical reports for the DOM and CSS instead of tutorials in order to figure out how to do stuff), so you might want to look for alternate sources, too.

And as much as free online tutorials are useful, I would recommend getting a hard copy book from a local bookstore to help you out. There are a lot of very good ones out there, and I usually find that having something printed is helpful when working with Flash or other computer tools.
    Yes, the built in documentation in very helpful...

And, for the books, I recommend the Macromedia Press, or the Visual Guides, since both books guide you through...though the Macromedia Press contains a CD where you could try out the actions yourself, while the Visual Series only has breif descriptions and doesn't go into the subject, just breifly.

Even though I have the Visual Guide for Flash, I highly recommend that you either use a book from Macromedia Press or the tutorials given to you by Macromedia when you first install the program...

These could, I think, be accessed through the help menu.

I think Macromedia also gives you a few helpful PDF files, though surely Dreamweaver gave me some...
    I have seen your future, and I have learned
    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
    I HAVE WON!!!!

Remove Ads