Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a question about HTML and database. My work place uses windows 2000 server with IIS as their web server configuration (with Frontpage Server extensions). I want to be able to query and display something from a database. However, ASP is disable and not available due to security. Is there anyway to interact dynamically with a database without ASP or any other server-side language? For instance, I use Frontpage 2002 and there is a database connection and wizard. However, I read in a book that when you use the wizard, you have to have the web page as a '.asp' page. But the web server had disable ASP, and I dont really know how to, or if you can even, get query results from the database. Please help me if you can.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You will not be able to access a server-side database unless you have some server-side scripting, be it ASP or something else. It is possible to give access to databases remotely using network calls (eg. Oracle SQL*Net or MySQL remote admin) but anybody who was as worried about security as your work place would be unlikely to open that particular avenue.

I am confused as to why you are asking this question -- have you been asked by your employers to create something? If so, you're just going to have to tell them that you need to be able to deploy ASP scripts to do it. And if they say no, then it's not your fault.

If databases were that easy to access remotely then there would be no security, would there?

Sean

Remove Ads