Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey, I'm working on a site and have a problem. The site is developed with a table as its foundation, with images, banners, all the usual stuff. Here's the problem though: on the left hand side of the table is the menu, on the top the banner. In the bottom right cell, which I formed by merging a bunch of cells, I want to use it as the main area for information and stuff like that, but when I go to type, the cell keeps expanding making the overall table larger and larger. Also, if I hit enter, it extends the height of one of the cells from the menu. I want this one particular cell that I am typing in to be similar to the box that I used to type this post, in that I can type information kind of independent from altering the table, only extending the height of itself and the table, but not the other cells, etc. I also may need to be able to put images and stuff into it, so I cannot use a text area as I was thinking about. Thanks for the help!

Edit: I just realized I also want it to be able to scroll within the box itself. Is this possible? I have a table and a cell on the right, and I want it to have a scroll bar within the cell so that it can scroll down. Anyone have any ideas?

Member #
    Never mind, I figured it out. I have to use layers. Then I just select auto for overflow and it allows it to scroll. Even though in the design window it looks like it goes beyond the table, when I view it in the browser, it works. Thanks anyways guys!

Remove Ads