Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Table help

Member #
    Hey, I posted before but no one answered, so I'll try to be a little more clear. Basically, I have a table and there are two columns. I made the left column 100px wide and the right column 600px wide. On the top row, I made that to be 100px wide. In the top left cell there's a logo, on the top right, the big rectangle, is the banner. In the cells on the left, below the logo I made a menu (pics in each cell). On the bottom right cells, I merged them all together to make one big cell below the banner. Here is my problem: I need to be able to type normally and put graphics in this big cell. However, when I go to type, it doesn't wrap, it just keeps expanding the width longer and longer, making the entire table wider. Also, if I hit enter, the first cell with a menu button gets bigger (in terms of height). Is there a way to make this one big cell able to put text and pics in without altering the width of the table (i want this cell to be 600px wide also) and without affecting the cells next to it? It should also be able to have a scroll bar, like a textarea, but if that's not possible, simply expanding the table's height to meet the size requirements is ok as well. I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004. Can someone please help me?

Member #
    Never mind, I figured it out. I have to use layers. Then I just select auto for overflow and it allows it to scroll. Even though in the design window it looks like it goes beyond the table, when I view it in the browser, it works. Thanks anyways guys!

Remove Ads