Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, and I've been toying around with Photoshop trying to find a decent layout for a music site for my band, which I think I've achieved. The problem with this is I have absolutely no background in web development. I've basicly made .jpg images of every page on my site from photoshop, but I have no idea how to link, integrate or publish them.

I'd love to be more spicific, but I'm not even sure of the lingo, so, here's an example, and I'll try to explain the best I can.

This is my basic layout for all the pages, some differ a little, but generally, the layout stays the same. I've already got all the information on every page that I need. How can I navigate the site using the buttons to the left and publish it? Can someone point me in the right direction? Books to buy? Code to learn? Beginners forums?

Thanks in advance.

John

Member #
    How long is a piece of string....

If you want it done quick then I'd suggest you see if someone can make the html template on your behalf. Otherwise, it's head in the books time as you work you way through it.

If you are happy with the layout, and you've created the photoshop file the correct size for the screen you want, you need to chop it up into html and images. Photoshop has some built in functionality for this depending on what version you are using. Have a look in the help file to see if there's anything in there about producing html, slicing an images etc.
    Paul Creedy
    Visit my community site at: www.rhonddacynontaff.com
    My hosting: www.rcthosting.com
    My Content Management product: www.dynamiccontenteditor.com

Member #
    Thanks for the reply, I'm not really concerned about getting it up quick, I'm more concerned about doing it right. I just wanted to photoshop the layout so I know what I'm getting into. Just from looking at the site here, I'm going to pick up a copy of fireworks and dreamweaver and start playing around with it getting to know it, and reading all I can. I'm not too concerned about keeping my head in the books, that's normal for me.

Remove Ads