Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Happy New Year to all! The new design for the forums looks sweeeet.

Last year I posted a question about my new client, which is a church. I started on a mockup of their design and this is what I have so far.

The original url of their site is: www.jonesumc.org
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Already some improvements I see are the border..it looks way too pixelated. Also, I'm going to have to extend the navigation bar all the way across.

I will be using CSS to create a border around the layout that centers it in the middle of the page.

The design is simple, and maybe it should be, however I need to add something eye-catching that solidifies its religious design. My friend said that it looks more like a corporate website than a church site. lol

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Is the use of green compulsary (ie. has it been specified by the client that they need green? I notice the old site is very green too)... ??

I ask because it just doesn't work for me at all, the green that is. Their logo is distinctive, with the cross and all, and the picture of the church really sets the scene. But then you have the green navbar, which to me is just too "heavy"... rather than frame the main content of the page it seems to break the page into two... perhaps it would be better if it was vertical rather than horizontal, down the left hand side of the page, where you already have a green gradient... ? And then something more subtle to separate heading and content...

Just an idea...

Sean

Remove Ads