Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey, first post here, hows it goin? A hopeful web designer to be so I'm trying my best to get a lot of info and such on HTML and such. But I designed a personal site, more to say a blog. And Like the site below, I want to know how you can do it so you can have people comment on what you posted. Like this site, when you click on comments, it goes to a page where they all are.

http://samii.jaded-hopes.net/

Any help?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You need to find a blog PHP script that you install,
    which most likely uses PHP and MySQL database.

There are tons of free one's ... you just have to
    find the one you want and install it on your website.

A word of warning though ... in time, it will be filled
    with SPAM and hammered so bad, you'll end up
    turning off the comment feature. That's just the
    way the internet is getting now.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim
    in time, it will be filled
    with SPAM and hammered so bad, you'll end up
    turning off the comment feature. That's just the
    way the internet is getting now.
    Come on, its not that bad! In wordpress there are tons of spam plugins that wont allow those nasty robots from spamming your comments.

The internet has always been a place full of spam. Even WDF gets its fair share of it. But we got to choose to fight it, rather than give up, cause if you give up, there wouldn't be an internet!

As for Ka-San's question, Did you create the blog yourself(code and all)? Or are you using blogging software?

Member #
    I have wrote some blogging type systems before, as have others here.

The common method I use is to in my table design (database table) I have a flag column (such as msgAllowed or imgAllowed)

When they post a comment/upload an image, I give the query 'no'.

Then in the admin section, I extract all rows where msgAllowed is equal to 'no'

Then I either have a form interface (like radio buttons, check boxes) or HTML links.

And then depending on the admins decision, either make the post live by changing the value to 'yes', or to delete the post.

But scrap that.. dont write it yourself, go for premade!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jbagley
    Did you create the blog yourself(code and all)? Or are you using blogging software?
    I think you need to answer this question before anyone can offer help. If you use prefabricated solutions, you will not understand coding suggestions.

________

Off topic:

As this is a personal blog site, all objective judgement fails.
    I'd like to add a comment on accessibility though:

Your site is a cute 'pinkish' site, suitable for a 13 year old girl as yourself. From an objective standpoint though, reading light colored text on a pale pink background is close to impossible for a man my age (the fact the font size is so small, aggravates the problem)

There are a lot of 13 year olds out there (your target group?) with some sort of vision imparement, I think they will experience the same problem regarding accessability.

Your choice of music is of course allowed on a personal site like this. However, it's an industry standard to allow people to turn of sound when an intrusive sound layer is forced upon you upon opening a web page.
    (As this is your personal blog, you must feel free to ignore these suggestions)

Otherwise, your design is nice an advanced.
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads