Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    OK. First off, the site is: http://www.kolhalev.com.

However, before you visit it, let me warn you. First, half the site is in Hebrew, so keep that in mind for your encoding and such. Second, what you will see on the homepage is not the actual site design. If you follow any of the links from the homepage, you will see it. The reason the homepage is different right now, is because the guy who owns the company has some stuff that he likes to update, but didn't understand the code or whatever of the previous design, so made a temporary one for himself....long story. But now I've been hired to fix that.

The site needs a new, but really simple design. I also can't deside whether it'd be easier to have the site in both languages at once, as it is now, or have one English site and one Hebrew site. I plan on coding the page with the help of PHP...so, yeah.

I just need some ideas to help me get started. So if you've got any questions, comments, or suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I like the banner but not so thrilled about the left and right column deal.

I guess you have a tough one because of two languages. I think you should
    have two identical sites, one in English the other in Hebrew. The first page
    would allow the language selection and cookies would retain that setting for
    the visitor.

The pages and graphics that load would be determined by the language selected.

But it's still much better than the original design.

Member #
    I like that site but I agree with mlseim.. it would be better if you have two identical sites, one in English and the other in Hebrew. It's really tough to have a 2 column site with 2 different language.
    ::Life is Beautiful::
    Short Run Printing

Member #
    Yes, it would good if your have a translation of your site.
    Are those pictures in your example are the one you will use in your final site design? Your pictures, pardon my saying, is of low quality. It looked "pixellated". Meaning the resolution is not refined. There's that bits of square thing.
    The outline of your site is fine.

Remove Ads