Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi

I am currently designing a new site and have finally got to the Gallery section.

I am quite flexible when it comes to the design of the Gallery but I have a size constraint that the Gallery needs to be displayed in.

For this reason I need to have all the images displayed as small thumbnails and then a bigger picture is displayed when this image is selected by the user.

I know how to do this using Javascript but would really like to do it without using any.

I have searched the web high and low for different Gallery examples but can find nothing that helps me.

Please can anybody tell me a way around this or a better solution.

Thank you

Member #
    http://gallery.menalto.com/ - it has the thumbnail to bigger image feature your require.

http://gallery.menalto.com/requirements ia what you need to run it.

Member #
    Hi

Thank you for those links. I have looked at them and will need to try and see if I can understand the PHP aspect.

Is there another way without the PHP or is that the only way.

I really appreciate your help !!

Member #
    Can you provide me more information on this matter?
    johntvery@operamail.com
    johntvery@hotmail.com

Member #
    I dont understand why you dont want to use JavaScript? I mean it is the best way to accomplish what your explaining.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphonik
    I dont understand why you dont want to use JavaScript? I mean it is the best way to accomplish what your explaining.
    It is he best way if you want to use JavaScript but there are a lot of users out there that have JavaScript disabled in their browsers.

I want my site to be seen and also accessable to everyone.

I already know how to achieve this using JavaScript but would like to find an alternative.

Since my original post I have been looking at using CSS and there seems to be quite a few options available with this.

If I am successful then I will post a link for anybody who is interested.

Remove Ads