Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Sorry I had no idea where to ask this- I need to get hold of an FTP client, problem is i don't know much about them. I tried CuteFTP home sporadically (it seemed to do the job but i didn't use any advanced features?) but my trial has run out. The website i am maintaining is http:www.thepiercingurgemelbourne.com
    I guess the main question i wanted to ask was: what is the difference between CuteFTP Home and CuteFTP Professional, and which would i be better off with? (my employer is willing to purchase as long as it is suited). I have no idea what to look for as this is the first website i have ever written and i am just learning as i go... someone bless me with some pointers! :P

-beans :ninja: ( i love that there is a ninja emoticon!)
    - gah!

Member #
    I'm assuming that your running a windows platform, bit if your not then this probably wont help. Anyway Internet Explorer has quite reasonable ftp support if all yoiu need to do up/download and list files, just type ftp://myftpsite.com into the address bar and wait for the login box to appear. If your need more functionality than that, then google for ftpExplorer. It's not a microsoft product it does just about anything a good ftp client should do, it's very stable and it's free.:classic:
    End of Line.

Member #
    Ie does have reasonable FTP support and there are thousands of free downloadable ones online try just searching google for free FTP tools some of them are even run online
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Remove Ads