Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I have been asked to create an e-comm site for a client - and this would be my first time. They are looking to have the user create something on the site, load up the image, and then send as their "product" for purchase. For example, go to overnightprints.com and see how a user can create their own business card online, then upload and pay for it.

How is this done? Is there already a template for this sort of project? I have been looking around on oscommerce.com and ecommercetemplates.com, but I am not sure what sort of feature could handle the job.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    You'll be looking for an existing PHP/MySQL script that has the features you want.
    There might be a "free" script, but I'm guessing you'll be paying for one.

That script will output all of the pages dynamically using PHP. You will then be able
    to customize the CSS (or tables, if they use tables) to make the site look exactly
    like you want it to look.

That script will also handle the credit card processing, shopping cart stuff.

The unique thing will be the creation of things, uploading and paying for the
    result. Your site is not realy a catalog of tangible items, it's more like a "purchase
    software download", but yet, not really like that either.

I guess you could start here:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=creat...pt&btnG=Search

You took on a challenging project ... good luck.

Remove Ads