Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: catchy taglines

Member #
    hi, i'm starting a freelance web design business and now i'm in the difficult process of figuring out a tagline. my business name and theme has to do with caterpillars and the butterfly lifecycle...here are a few possible taglines i've come up with and i want your opinions on which you like best? or are they all horrid? lol be honest!! Thank you!!!

1. Freshly spun web designs
    2. Freshly spun websites
    3. Spinning fresh websites
    4. We weave websites
    5. Weaving pixels into the web
    6. Home-spun web designs (I like this but there's already a design company with the name homespun, grr)
    7. Garden-fresh web designs
    8. Laying out quality websites
    9. A fresh spin on websites
    10. Where ideas blossum
    11. The website cocoon
    12. Home grown websites
    13. Garden-grown websites
    14. Garden-fresh web sites

Since caterpillars spin cocoons to turn into something beautiful (a butterfly) I wanted to somehow convey that into my tagline, if even possible. So yeah, tell me what you think!
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I see alot of potential here.. but you have to own this butterfly morphing idea though for it to really work or else it is just a gimmick. For instance butterflys change because they have to, they would not be butterflies if they didnt. Its the same with virtually every company out there. And why do companies redesign an existing website or impliment a new one all together. Because they are all trying to change, preferably for the better.

The tagline or slogan as it were has a very subtle but very important part to play in conveying this message to your clients. It has to put their mind at ease, that this change is for the good. I am not feeling many of the suggestions you have up there because they try to be clever befor they try to solve a problem. But what is the problem? The problem is they want to be assured this is a positive move for them. So I belive this has to convey that first, and THEN try to fit into the butterfly theme. Something simple like "change is beautiful", or "it's what comes naturaly". Of course these need some refinement but hopefully you see where I am going with this.

Member #
    I see what you mean, I never thought of that before...caterpillars don't have a choice...it's all nature. Thanks, I will do some more thinking about this!
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Remove Ads