Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i need to make a mock up site for my uni port folio..
    i was gonna use front page .. but it sucks..
    so my friend said go for adobe go live.. i have no experice with it, but do with photoshop..

anyone know what the best one is... opinions/view welcome

ps.. not sure if this is in the right place

Member #
    It really depends on your skill level.
    Go Live is a good enough program and if you are familiar with Photoshop, should be easy to learn for you.
    For something other than FrontPage as a WYSIWYG format, Dreamweaver is good. Plus, you can still code the site without all the dirty code that FrontPage gives you.
    Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    Hope, it wouldn't be heard as an advertisment but my company's product could be suitable for solving your task. You can download a free trial on http://www.conceptdraw.com/en/products/webwave/main.php for Mac or PC.
    It was my first post))

Member #
    When you "recommend" your own product in this forum......it's an advertisement.
    GMan

Member #
    oh! I've been unmasked! poor, poor litle SEO administrator... )

Member #
    I have just recently become familiar with GoLive, and I have not used Dreamweaver since. GoLive's user interface is superior to DW's and the program itself is a lot more intuitive. Having experience with Photoshop will not necessarily make GoLive more accessible to you, than say Dreamweaver, but it will save you a little $$ if you don't have Macromedia already (and you do have CS2). FrontPage sucks.

The key to GoLive is start with an empty folder for your site. Open GoLive. File>New>Site and choose your folder. GoLive will generate a site folder INSIDE that folder. Every time you go in to work on it, open the site file "mockup.site" If you organize everything correctly, all of your documents will be accessible by the site file. Open your files by the site file (do not File>Open or double click from where ever they are saved on the hard disk, etc.) It will make more sense when you do it.

Good luck.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads