Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Comments

Member #
    I am going to do a freelance side project, i have all the basics nailed, i just need more practice with photoshop and flash and increase my knowledge of things like google rankings.

Anyway my idea is to advirtise the site before its launched, hopefully to generate some interest and kick start things when i begin.

I wanted to start it with either a gif or a little flash intro, there would be 4, one for now, one for 1 month to go, then 2 weeks, then 1 week.

Anyway i have 2 ideas... one is a gif, one is a flash intro.

www.jasonstanley.co.uk
    www.jasonstanley.co.uk/flash

What are your thoughts on these? Would these work against what i am trying to do? Both are a bit ropey, have you got any suggestions for improving these?

Member #
    I like the first (www.jasonstanley.co.uk) however maybe a little larger?

Theres nothing wrong with the second, it just is not my taste, but, again maybe a little larger, and center it?

Member #
    The gif image is by far the best. I dont like the look of the flash. Its almost "goth" like. :classic:

Centre the image, as well as change the background colour of the page. Why not have a form that captures email addresses, and when you launch you can email everyone on that list and let them know.

I've done that at www.jaded.co.za, but as you can see, not even I know when its going live! :classic:

The image looks clear, the colours blend well. Maybe make it larger aswell.

Remove Ads