Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there,
    I am going to design my company's site using Adobe Photoshop CS and Frontpage 2003. This will be my first time doing a website so I have lots to learn.
    First things first, regarding pixel size, layout...
    1) What pixel size do I want to create the graphic portion of my website? 600x800?
    2) Is there a way to ensure the website stretches/condenses depending on the screen resolution of the user i.e. 600x800 vs 1024x768 --- Is this called "flexible layout"
    3) Using Frontpage, How can I center my webpage in the browser. So that if it is 600x800 I can have perfectly center in the screen regardless of user screen resolution.
    Any advice, link would be helpful! Thank you kindly!

Member #
    Hey.

1) - Where is this graphic going? Is it a header/banner type image?

2) These are called liquid layouts, and you give the element a percentage width, such as 75%, which will take 75% of it's parents width.. Look at code snippet
    HTML Code:
    <div style="width: 50%;">
           <div style="width: 75%;">
                Hi, I am not 75% wide, but rather 75% of 50%, in effect, 25% wide.
           </div>
    </div>
    3) It depends, a table design or div? Each have different ways associated with themselves, as I am not familar with Frontpage, I cannot really say, there may be a "Center" button or the like.. whether or not this is valid code, is another matter.

Hope this helps.

Remove Ads