Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi. I'm trying to set up an email newsletter on my website, but am having trouble even starting! If anyone could give me a tutorial on creating a submission box, and sending the newsletter to multiple people, please let me know

Thanks in advance
    Sambobuk

P.S Please don't say google it! I've tried searching for hours and found nothing at all!

Member #
    Hi there,

To set up form submission on your site, you need to know what language your server is running (ASP, PHP) and also what form processing your ISP is using (I'm assuming your site is hosted by a third party). Once you establish that, either I or someone else on the boards can give you the best advice.

To send your emails out... you can automate it from your site if you're happy to get into database programming. Alternatively, there are many low-cost software options which you can use if you want something a little less 'techie'

Hope that helps as a starting point.

Cheers!
    Russ

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Make sure your webhost allows multiple emails at one time.

Some have placed limits, like 10 emails at a time, wait 10 seconds before sending again.

Some have a per-day limit, like 200 per day.

Check with your webhost first.

You can get into a Online Newsletter service that's already set-up too.
    They can handle all the opt-in, opt-out stuff ... both text and HTML formats.

Or, set-up your email client (Like Outlook Express) with a Group.

Coding your own can be done, but you need to program all the opt-out
    features so people can choose not to receive it anymore. If you go this
    route, it's best to download a pre-existing PHP/MySQL script.

Member #
    The website is in ASP and is third party hosted.....I think that's right.....but thanks for the help, and if you could reply and give me some answers that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    OK, how would you like to organise your email registrations - are you looking to database them on your server, or handle them manually (i.e use a form to email script that you process manually)?

Cheers!
    Russ

Remove Ads