Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Having some problem getting this site to come together. I created a logo that I think is pretty good. I'm not real good with graphics and try to use exisiting logos but this case needed it.

http://www.hoosiernerd.com/images/washington_logo.gif

Can anyone send me some thoughts on how to move forward with this site and make it look really good.

Thanks

Member #
    Try doing some analysis on other cycle companies..
    Go check out some web site and see how they layout and organize them..

Think of what target audience you will most likely be marketing your web site to..
    Also try to come up with as many different possibilities why someone might come to your site write them down.. try to address everyone that will come to your site..
    ie.. make sections of your site easily noticeable but also keep things clean..dont clutter it to much..

Try to create a valuable business proposition and get to the point quick on your site..

Try to come up with a basic navigation of the site and have a good idea of what the layout will look like..color scheme, type, ect..

Try searching goggle for some guidelines on creating a web site..do as much research as you can and have everything in mind before you actually start the development of your site..this should help speed up the process...good luck!!

read this list of dos and dont...
    http://www.webdesignforums.net/showthread.php?t=23199

Member #
    I'm looking more towards what type of layout to use.

the standard 3 layout, 2 layout, one single layout. I'm having trouble with this site

Member #
    Its fine, you have always been helpful in the past

I'm just having trouble figuring out how to lay it out. I don't know which way to go.

Member #
    ya, sorry if i missunderstood..
    maybe try doing some research might help.. see how other cycle companies do it.

try to think of all the elements that will make up your site.. what sections you will have what important areas you should highlight..
    how your navigation will look

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    How about this idea ...

Some CSS panels to work with.

I picked colors just to show where the CSS <divs> are separated.

You can use background colors or background images.
    Adjust <div> sizes, fonts, etc.

There's a link to view the .css file, and you can view using
    the browser View HTML Source function. Also a 1 X 1 pixel.gif
    transparent graphic used for some simple spacing.

.... something to start with anyhow, and no tables either.

http://www.catpin.com/cycle/

Member #
    ya, i think mlseim is right track..

check out these layout reservoirs
    http://www.bluerobot.com/web/layouts/
    http://glish.com/css/

you can create a layout online here..
    http://www.csscreator.com/version2/pagelayout.php

Member #
    Hey ericsoft, your domain is expired!

And now for something completely different than the current conversation and yet completely relevant to the thread...

A quick comment/question: the logo looks more like a motorcycle than a bicycle, not sure if that is what you're going for, and not saying it as a bad thing. I like the logo. I think it will work very nicely as a background image, incorporated into the main content area. But, I like doing that...

The type of layout you choose should reflect the types of content or navigation. The more you need, etc. Not sure exactly what the client is, but my first guess what a bicycle store. Take a look at Big Wheel Bikes and Revolution Cycles. They are in the same market and have completely different takes on presentation/layout.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Thanks Guys,

I do computer work for a living and love it. But web design is that hidden passion I just can't stop. I love doing it and seeing it online. I just get really down on myself with it that my sites can't look like everyone eleses. I feel like a fraud sometime. I appreciate your comments and hopefully everyone goes through this. I have been doing this for about a year now and trying to grow and learn.

DCScene - The company is a motorcycle parts company. They do repair and sell parts. So I took the concept of OCC and kind of did my own thing.

my site is hoosiernerd.com, ericsoft.org was a old site.

Member #
    Do you read Rolling Stone? I'm a little behind, as I just read the article about Neil Young... He said he writes music as it comes to him and he doesn't think too much about it. That would be "fighting" what's inside.

Point is, take your ideas and roll with them. It's clear to me that you have some sort of eye for graphic design, so play around. The operative word is PLAY, don't think to hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ericsoft
    my site is hoosiernerd.com, ericsoft.org was a old site.
    Well then, no problem, except you'll want to update that in your User CP.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads