Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Everyone, basically I have been making websites for a verry long time except I kind of gave up and never improved so now Im gonna try.

Question 1: Does anyone no how disable the text increase and decrease feature in firefox?

Question 2: In dreamweaver when I make a table it looks good and all the cells are the right size but when I save it as html and view it they all grow does anyone know how to make your cells stay small.

I know these questions are lame but if you could help that would be much apreciated.

Member #
    Welcome Bobmarlon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmarlon
    Hello Everyone, basically I have been making websites for a verry long time except I kind of gave up and never improved so now Im gonna try.

Question 1: Does anyone no how disable the text increase and decrease feature in firefox?
    I for one do not know. But, I want to ask why you would want to do this? It's generally not a good idea to override people's intentional settings, for example, someone with poor vision who wants to make stuff bigger. Function over Fashion! If you specify a font size in your stylesheet, the fonts will have that feature unless someone specifically overrides it.
    Question 2: In dreamweaver when I make a table it looks good and all the cells are the right size but when I save it as html and view it they all grow does anyone know how to make your cells stay small.
    It sounds like the size of your table is set to a percentage. If you make it fixed, it should be fine. Also, keep in mind that DW only really gives you an approximation of what's out there in HTML. If you send the code or a link, we could probably figure out what exactly needs to be changed.

I know these questions are lame but if you could help that would be much apreciated.
    That's what we're here for, and nobody else is going to give you accurate, straight, answers. We've been where you are.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    You can't. It only works in IE... and that when you use the pt units

Are you using the "code" view or "design". In other words... are YOU coding or is DW coding for you. That might be your problem. Code the table yourself and it should work.

One more thing. GET THIS BOOK! :alien:
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    thanks alot for the input

Remove Ads