Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello there.

I have a little site - www.worldofmonkey.com, which is just a little fun project I have had for about a year. But I seem to have come across a problem in that I now cannot do without using m Cpanel hotlink protection as my bandwidth would be sucked up within two days due to lots of people hotlinking my pictures through forums, eBay auctions and blinkin' 'myspace' users!
    But ever since I ave put the hotlink protection on my forms are no longer working, whether I set them up as email forms, or as they have always been in the past - directed to a file on my web space.
    I have been in conversation with the guy that hosts my site, and he doesn't seem to know what is going on, claiming that I had a file missing, (though he did not hazard a guess to which one) though I canot see how this could be as the forms DO WORK without the hotlink protection, as I said.
    He seems to end the last email with the following: The server experts have looked into it and everything is ok, it may be an issue with a compatibility between your forms and the server software for hotlinking, which is out of our control, what they suggest is you will need to write a couple of rewrite rules to disallow image hotlinking and advise doing a google search as quite a few examples will turn up.
    I do not now if he actually did contact anyone, but as I am quite a beginner as you will see from the site, I am unsure of where to look for more info. I have tried google, but I cannot find anything.
    I would be grateful if anyone can offer any help. One such form is located at: http://www.worldofmonkey.com/poetry_competition.htm and there are others scattered throughout the site. I really would liek to keep the forms as the site is, by it's nature, an interactive one.
    Many thanks for any help, Mimi (and Monkey)

Remove Ads