Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Does anyone know of a tutorial, or a simple way to apply a background to a myspace page and make it liquid (works on all resolutions). I have tried using css, and inserting the background into <div> tags and i have tried using a table. I used width:100% for both of those. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Member #
    Don't have any idea about MySpace, but here is an article I ran across a few weeks ago:
    http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2652

Also did you add the following to your CSS file?
    Code:
    !important;

Member #
    It royally sucks hacking myspace. Whoever designed it really didn't know what they were doing. They should just strip out every style tag... You can't use the octothorpe (#) in your CSS, by the way. And any styles you apply float randomly amid the body.

Anyway, I think the best you can do is make a repeating pattern and put it on the body element. You can easily do a gradient background too.

Have an example of what you want to do?

Member #
    I have a background already made and i tried it in different resolutions. here is a link of a guys page that is liquid, i can view it on my monitor on any reso, and my friend can on his widescreen also. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=3241401

thanks!!

Member #
    Alrighty. Here's one thing you may like to do first. Load up that page, right click (some place where there is no text) and go to View Background Image. Notice the length of the image. This explains why it works at the most common resolutions. It's just made really long, so whatever doesn't fit the browser window is "chopped off."

This is the CSS he has to display the image:
    HTML Code:
    Body 
    {background-color: 999999; 
    background-image: url("http://home.hawaii.rr.com/kentopia/panda04.gif"); 
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-repeat: no-repeat; 
    background-position: bottom left;
    color: ffffff;}
    You could use essentially the same thing, only changing the background-image attribute to your own image. You'd probably want to change the background-color to match your image also.

Hope that helps a bit.

Member #
    Thanks a lot, that makes perfect sense now, I was looking at the source for his page the other day. The only problem is that my background has stuff in the middle as well as with the bottom, so i guess ill just have to redesign it. thanks!

Remove Ads