Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I've wasted my Saturday revising the homepage of my client, who wants a Flash interactive page. I originally had a design which featured a horizontal navigation menu..but the client didn't mentioned that it looked too much like the rest of the pages. Also, I had to change the horizontal menu to a vertical one since more webpages were added to the site.

I really need some serious help or tips on how to visually design a Flash page that actually LOOKS impressive. The technical actionscript-side of a Flash page is a no-brainer to me and it saddens me that one time ago I used to be a pro at designing while actionscript confused me to no end. Now it's the opposite!

My current method is going to an archive of Flash sites and looking at what other designers have done in order to get ideas. In Photoshop, I try to emulate what I've seen on those other Flash sites, (because I like to design in Photoshop first before Flash) however I always disagree with the results. Either the design looks too simplistic, dull, or it doesn't look compatible with the other HTML pages.

What should I do to help quicken this frustrating process? My next client might want a Flash homepage too..

Member #
    Make a plan, literally decide what your client needs, what you will use to implement it, see what other people in that sector are doing and borrow ideas. Then piece together a version 1 of the site.

Post it on here and we can suggest anything that needs changing.

I think you are having the same problem i am having, i design perfectly good websites but i over scruitinise them and end up either over tweaking them or scrapping them all together. I have found that some outside input can help overcome this no end.

Remove Ads