Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This site is not live yet but here's a screen shot.

Any pointers/comments...?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    These would be my suggestions:

- Use something other than :: for you navigation list style. Make a nice custom image or something. ASCII stuff just looks amateur. Same goes for the separators on the bottom navigation.

- Ditch the validation buttons. If you insist on linking there, use text links. Simply put, nobody cares. If a guest is coming to look for automotive stuff they aren't interested in web standards, nor do they probably know what it's all about to begin with.

- Put some padding inside the Recent News box.

Other than that I think it looks pretty decent.

Member #
    Cheers for your response, I know the :: ASCII looks a bit ghey... they were kind of just placeholders untill I could get something else to look right.

I was also thinking of ditching the big validation buttons as well but I do still want to make it known that I create valid pages so I think I'll inclue either text only or those slimline ones.

Hadn't though of padding the latest news bit but now i think about it that makes sense.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    looks ok for me. just feel that the top is too heavy. top heavy sites might work if it is a graphic intensive site. you site seems to be content focused so there should be more space for content.

just a thought.

good luck.

Member #
    You have a strong layout overall layout.

Most of my thoughts have already been touched on, so new stuff only:

The clouds aren't working for me, how about something more relevant to the subject matter? Also, the black text is a little difficult to read on the darker blue.

Relevant News almost feels forced. The outline separates it, but white space would do just a good a job, in a softer way. Scroll within in a div? unnecessary. Either let the page scroll, or just put the top stories and a link to more news.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads