Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Index

Member #
    Hi, I am a graphic designer and have just volunteered to redesign a website for a group I belong to. I was asked this question, ( What do you need from me, in order to say show me a sample of redoing our Index") and don't really understand it, what should I ask her for? I am somewhat new to the terms in website making, so I am assuming that she means the home page by Index. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
    thanks

Member #
    umm, that sentence isnt to clear to me either, but generally speaking the index.html file is the homepage of whatever site your talking about.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Thanks for the response. I think she might mean what does she have to send me in order to redesign the home page. If this is the case do you have any suggestions on what I should ask her
    thanks again

Member #
    Ask if they have the site on disc or you can get login and password for her host.
    Either of these should get you the file(s) you need to work on a redesign.
    Your question is pretty vague (I understand that her request to you was vague), but to give you a better reply you just need to get some more info.
    You can always go online and look at her site and see what links, content and graphics you may need to do a redesign.

Part of being a good designer is getting the information you need from the customer to do your job. Go back and ask her what she meant (that way there is no miscommunication). Listening to what she says is going to be key in a redesign. That way you know what she expects and she will feel more confident in you because you did take the time to listen and understand what it is she wants.

You have a few options to get the info, just figure out the best one to get the job done.
    Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    Thank you so much. I actually just finished writing to her pretty much what you suggested I asked in detail what she wanted to keep and change, for a list of priorities to be listed on the home page, plus a few of my ideas since I have longed wanted to see their site changed. I will ask her for the site on how I can get into the site now so thanks for that tip.
    Thanks again
    Good to go
    Rick

Remove Ads