Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I would like to email someone an entire website I saved to it's own file via email attachment. But my email client on my computer has never worked and I always use online email accounts. However, when I try to send the file using Yahoo, it won't let me attach the entire file when I click "open". It simply opens the file and expects me to choose from the individual pages of the site. Obviously, this would take forver. Is there a way I can get Yahoo to send the whole file at once? Or is there a different (not too complex) way I can do this? Thank you

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would recommend downloading the Winzip trial (http://winzip.com/downwzeval.htm?wzdm) and using that to create a zip file of the entire site. This will put all the files into one archive which the recipient of the mail can then unzip on his PC. Hopefully the archive will be small enough to send over Yahoo! mail.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mossoi
    I would recommend downloading the Winzip trial (http://winzip.com/downwzeval.htm?wzdm) and using that to create a zip file of the entire site. This will put all the files into one archive which the recipient of the mail can then unzip on his PC. Hopefully the archive will be small enough to send over Yahoo! mail.

Well, I did the winzip thing but instead of emailing it I uploaded it to my host and emailed the link to it. Hope it works (crosses fingers) :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by duck444
    Well, I did the winzip thing but instead of emailing it I uploaded it to my host and emailed the link to it. Hope it works (crosses fingers) :classic:
    Funny, my friend said it didn't work. And when I tried it myself, it didn't work either. Wouldn't let me open it. Said: "Cannot open file. It does not appear to be a valid archive".

:cry:

Member #
    If .zip are no good for you, try .rar (www.winrar.com)

They can unzip/extract .zip and .rar files, aswell as others, however I think winzip cannot do .rar?

If you created the zip using winzip, (newest version is 10.0..) all should be good, try emailing the client the website as an attachment, and you as the BCC.

Then try downloading and unzipping.

Good luck.

Member #
    if your using windows XP..it comes with a file zipper by default..

you just right click on the folder your trying to zip and choose
    send to -> compressed file

then it will put another file on your desktop..
    the icon will look like a folder but will say zip on the bottom right corner.
    it is also not a bad idea to rename it so you know which folder is compressed..

to unzip the compressed zip folder..
    all you have to do is double click on the zipped folder and it will open..

Member #
    Try em' all. You will know whatever works for you.
    ::Life is Beautiful::
    Short Run Printing

Remove Ads