Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I know an amatuer model personally, and I think she wants me to design a website for her eventually. After she puts her portfolio together that is.

Now, what kind of "lay out" and format should I used for a models site? PHP Nuke, Post nuke, Basic graphical lay out? I am not much one for to get into the nitty gritty of coding if I don't have to, but I have basic knowledge of such things.

Like if she wanted to post up some of her gallery of pictures I could use any of the gallery programs that come with the package hosting and such, right?

Any input would be appreciated

Thank you

Member #
    You could stick with a skin of a gallery, http://gallery.menalto.com/gallery

These formats are suitable for a model site, also they are very easy to use, (your client may not be computer literate)?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    You could stick with a skin of a gallery, http://gallery.menalto.com/gallery

These formats are suitable for a model site, also they are very easy to use, (your client may not be computer literate)?
    Well, she knows how to use a computer, apparently she was a participant in CMT's New Reality show "Coyote Ugly" (Yes, I can finally let the cat out of the bag now....no law suits. LOL)

But, I have seen celebrity / Model websites, they look rather simple not much to them.

Seen Teryl Rothery (Dr Frasier on Stargate) not much to her site at all. I think for those kinds of site, all you need is basic stuff.

I was opting for a PHP Nuke deal, and link a Gallery script to it.

Member #
    I wouldn't use PHP-Nuke, when i see any sites using it i just sigh and my mind switches off.

If your not charging her for it then you might as well try to make some good, check out other models pages, see what is in fashion. At the end of the day all you really need is pages, a portfolio page, a contact page and a news page.

If i was you i would have a news page as an index. With the model standing on the right hand side with the text on left. Have the same style for a contact page. Then use some sort of flash image loader for the portfolio pics.

Member #
    if the site will NOT have new information added on a regular basis and will be a relativly small site made for promation purposes, I would advise making it in flash.

Remove Ads