Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My site is about 90% done, all links are working, before i put on the finishing touches i want to get it looking pretty in IE6. Normally i am pretty good at getting it to look good in all browsers but my problems have just stumped me.

www.tgsclan.co.uk/wip/

My problems in detail.

The top has got a broken header, i have tried everything i can think of... ( www.tgsclan.co.uk/wip/cod2/ CSS www.tgsclan.co.uk/wip/cod2/tgsstyle.css )

image trouble solved - I just compromised and removed the margin-bottom

solved - Fixed the images by removing 3 divs and putting the images into 1... i then made my "page break line" part of my flash navigation... for some reason after i removed the line all the gaps closed...

BTW - I know my flash things need preloaders :classic:

Member #
    Okay, I will try to take another look at this when I have access to a PC and I can actually see the problem. But, in the meantime, I'll hypothesize based on your description...

If you have not already defined a margin, do so, that may be all you need. And I mean for all sides, not just the bottom, and for all styles.

In reference to floating... if you want div1 to float left and div two to float right, both need to be specified as such otherwise the second div will appear below the other.

I hope this helps.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    OK i have solved 2 of my problems by compromising and adding an image into my flash...

But the one remaining problem i just don't understand... please... help!

Member #
    Notes part 2:

- in the class .navigation you have
    Code:
    margin: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px;
    and this is grammatically incorrect since saying "margin: 0" covers all four sides.

- the spot where you have the line is controled by three classes: gamebanner, movie and navigation

Try either putting those three into one container div. Whether you do that or not, make sure the margin settings are the same for all of them.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads