Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Right, Me and a friend are going to shortly begin work on a site for the salon my GF works at.

It is a Very modern and high end place, but at present it has no web presence. It will be litterally a site that gives information on:

• Opening times
    • Prices
    • Services
    • "About us"
    • links
    There is no current need for anything like online appointment booking or anything special like that.

Any Ideas on what kind of layout would best suit this kind of site. I've been looking at other sites and thinking about the styles of layout used there. One I've beel looking most closely at is the website of a photographer called Adam Polselli.
    http://www.adampolselli.com/
    I think this site has a really modern, fresh feel to it that would be just the kind of look that would suit the salon's image. Obviously I can't just blatantly copy his layout but what do you think as a starting point?
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    As with most sites, i'd suggest you keep the dimensions of the site visible at all times, without the need to scroll when the browser is maximised.
    In keeping with a modern design, perhaps using a 'widescreen' ratio re size of each page 2.35:1 whilst making it appear that navigation is a separate element from the main page, or using the Golden Rectangle ratio of 1.61803399.
    Regarding the actual content layout, It'll be easier if i post a 'sketch' a bit later than trying to explain it in text :P
    Anyway, a couple of suggestions to get you started.

Member #
    You can try to search for Google to look for free web templates. Templatemonster.com has a lot of nice templates but there are not free.

Remove Ads