Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Not sure if that's the right terminology. I'm only getting into all this website design stuff. Great progress for me considering all I'd ever used the pc for was browsing.

I'm using a pagebuilder but I've noticed there are so many of you doing all the nitty gritty stuff. I'm beginning to wonder if I've any right to be here at all. aranoid:

Member #
    It is good to have the knowledge of how to code in xhtml/html, so that if you have to make a subtle change you can, without all the hassle of opening up some mighty app just to tweak a line or 2.

On the other hand the web design tools are pretty good these days, although some do add unnecessary markup.

Myself, I prefer to do hand-code.

Member #
    You are surely welcome here, this is by no means a hand code only forum. In time you'll see that you have learned some code, then more and more, etc...

Member #
    I don't like page builders and wysiwyg editors. I was brought up with html and I hand code everything, i find more often than not dreamweaver and programs like that give me more problems, either because of browser incompatibility or it makes code that i don't like.

Nowadays though many webdesigners seem to be getting away with using pagebuilders with very little html experience.

I would suggest if you want to get into webdesign you learn html and CSS, both go hand in hand and are a piece of cake to learn.

Member #
    I've never actually used a WYSIWYG for anything other than site management. I don't know whether I prefer hand coding or not, I just do it that way anyway.

Member #
    Good points. I started a html course a few weeks ago but haven't done much with it. I've six months to do it in so I've been a bit lazy. But I agree, it's a must have. There have been so many times I've wanted to change little things and I have to spend ages looking at the html code and changing different aspects of it because I don't know which part I'm meant to change.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I tried this out, on my site i had coded it and then used a wysiwyg editor and the one i hand coded was .56 times less in size than the one that the wysiwyg editor made

Member #
    Infiniti, that would make a big difference I suppose for site like mine that would increase in size so much I think. I have a directory of suppliers and I assign a page per supplier. Then I'm hoping to do different advertising options too, some of which would take quite a bit of space.

I should probably get a pro to take a look at it soon.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I hand code all my site... I use DW as HTML editor (not as WYSIWYG)
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Im a notepad fan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads