Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone,

I've got a problem I hope someone here can help me with. I've just started managing the corporate site for a company. The way their current is set up is there are 2 versions of the site:
    sandbox.company.com & www.company.com. The sandbox is used as a testbed for all content before it's meant to go live. However, it seems that google has found the sandbox and started indexing it. I was wondering if there was a way to list all the outgoing links from a website and list them. Right now, google isn't being very helpful since it wants to think both the links are the same domain (which they kinda are), so I was wondering if anything had any ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Member #
    Have you heard of the robots.txt file?

It sits in your root and tells web spiders where they cannot visit.

I have attached a file for you. Upload to your root and that should stop google and others.

Member #
    lol, That'll work.

I just started managing this site 2 weeks ago, and I've been so busy trying to figure out the file structure that I never bothered to see if they had a robots file. Thanks.

However, do you know of any software that help me search the site to find the links that were causing the SEs to find the sandbox?

Member #
    Checking your stats would show that.

The referrers of the spiders..

Remove Ads