Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Picture pages

Member #
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this question or not but here goes. I am designing a site and am going to place a pic page in with thumbnails. This is going to be the general click on thumb and see biger pic deal. I have seen this done in two ways, one, the pic page opens up with the pic in the upper left with a back background the size of a page. This works but is messy. The other way is the pic opens up in a page the size of the pic only with now background. This is much neater. I do not know how to make the pic only open up in its own size window though. I design in photoshop and build in Dreamweaver and Front Page. Which one is better to do this in? Is it a setting of one of the programs or is it html? If it is code, where can I get the tag and where in the page do i place it?
    Again I am sorry if this is not the right forum but can someone shed some light on this?

Member #
    The problem is that images can be different sizes, of course.

We need a way to get the images size, and HTML/XHTML alone cannot do this.

So, if you want the script to be dynamic (not hand code the width and height) you would need to use JavaScript - http://www.aspandjavascript.co.uk/ja...dth_height.asp

That code gives you the basics, however a complete(?) solution for you is - http://www.sitepoint.com/article/res...it-images-size

Good luck.

Remove Ads