Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    I am working on a site and they design is suposed to attarct 40 something women! Any ideas on how to approach such a project?!

Member #
    Need more into to give you any solid advice or direction.
    However, the easiest thing to do would be the following:

1) Interview or speak to 40+ women and get their ideas or inputs for the project
    2) Speak with other developers of similar sites. While most don't want the competition, you will find designers a good resource for information and help (just like this forum). Take a look at a site and call the designer and speak to them.

Basically, it comes down to research. Research your target audience and research some of your competing sites.
    That is a great way to get feedback. You find out what the women want and you find out the design process (plus, they can help you avoid mistakes they may have made).
    Good luck.......
    GMan

Member #
    Gman... That was AWSOME!!! Thank You

Member #
    No problem. Come back and post when you get the site up and running!
    GMan

Member #
    I definately Will!!! Here is a preview of what I have come up with so far:
    http://celona.info/Projects/lapaz-barcelona/index.htm

Member #
    Wow, that's a great photo!

I completely agree w/ GMan, and I think talking to designers will be your best resource. A designer would say, don't use a dark background because it's more difficult to read. Use large text sizes and keep the navigation very simple. Forty year old women have to find what they want quickly so their kids won't complain they are taking up too much time on the computer.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    got it !! Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You're marketing a massage therapist / spa environment - that's a very specific service.

You might want to go with an Asian theme. Bamboo accents, silk screen look, and yin yang, japanese rock garden, koi, etc.

Alternatively, you may consider a stark white glassy look - something very clean and refreshing looking (maybe hints of pale green or blue, which are very refreshing, healing colors). However, I think this may appeal to a younger audience (20s and 30s).

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You're marketing a massage therapist / spa environment - that's a very specific service.

You might want to go with an Asian theme. Bamboo accents, silk screen look, and yin yang, japanese rock garden, koi, etc.

Alternatively, you may consider a stark white glassy look - something very clean and refreshing looking (maybe hints of pale green or blue, which are very refreshing, healing colors). However, I think this may appeal to a younger audience (20s and 30s).

Member #
    What you have is good but for me it doesn't really shout out massage. Transio has the right idea, incorporate a theme to do with massage/asian/calm

I think that flash would be the wrong medium to make the site on. By all means use flash intead of an image but i think that a full flash site could be more of a turn off for the 40somethings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads