Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

I have a background issue.

On the home page I have background sound playing. On the same page are some sample songs. Some users are telling me that when they open the page and click on the sample, both songs play. Now on my computer, and most everyone else I've shown the site to, this does not happen. It seems to happen to a few select indivduals.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it an old player issue, or activeX issue, or what?

Very stumped here and could use some help.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    what happens on your PC? do you hear the background music, but when you play the sample, the background music stops?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Yes and no. On some pc's the background continues to play when the sample song is selected. On others the background music stops when the song is selected. It seems to depend on the computer. have you ever heard of this before?

Member #
    Have you checked the format of your background music?
    It has been awhile since I used FP, but I hadn't heard of that before........especially if both (background and sample) songs are playing.

Another way to check is to find out from the few that it happened to what browser they are using, what active-x controls they're using and what players they are using.
    The only other thing I can think of is how you have the background sound looped.

If you do get a solution, make sure you post it.
    Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    Well, I only get this from a few people. My pc works it just fine and everyone i've shown the site to has no issue with it either. Only a few of the clients friends. You mentioned active X controls and that was one of my questions. I'm not sure how all of that works, but I'll ask the client to ask his friend what kind of browser they have, how old and if they have activeX
    I've coded the site to work in firefox, netscape and opera.

Thanks for the input!

Remove Ads