Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Any ideas

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I want a nice looking site for a portfolio, light colors, very clean, but yet I want to have tutorials on it. For one reason to show people that might hire me what i know and the other reason is to spread my knowledge and passion. So how can i successfully combine a clean portfolio site with a tutorial site people will take seroiously? Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Are you looking for idea's for a design that you would then create? Or are you just looking for some tips.

If anything, crisp clean and clear, would be the best. try an uncluttered approach with a minimalistic style. Almost a case of Less is more.
    Tip #44: never pee into the wind...
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    One way to go about it might be to more of a blog style site. That is, of course, if you have things to say that are relevant to design. This would also help you to share your wisdom and passion with others and may also help attract clients. Below are links to two such sites, both beautiful in their own way. Hope this helps!

Mark Boulton
    Veerle's blog 2.0

Also, if you are just looking for inspiration for layouts, these two sites are worth checking out:

CSS Reboot
    CSS Mania

Member #
    great thanks for the tips, will bare it in mind.
    Tip #44: never pee into the wind...
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    You are talking two different things. One is a portfolio site directed at customers and the second is a tutorial site for people already in the web design business or wanting to get into it?

I assume you want to combine the two different focuses into one site. You almost answer you own question, because if you do try and combine them into one site designers may or may not take it seriously.
    Plus, a person wanting to hire you isn't going to care about CSS shortcuts or HTML or PHP, etc. They just want to see what your work looks like and what you are going to do for them.

Personally, I wouldn't try and put tutorials into my own portfolio site. I don't want customers knowing my processes (specifically) and trying to put a tutorial into your own site for designers MIGHT help, but if that is not the focuse of your site.......then why do it?

I'm with LostInIreland on this one I guess.........your question is hard to understand what it is you are asking for. I just took my best guess.
    And the BLOG style suggestion is a great idea to consider also if you are going to try and combine the two.
    Repost and maybe you can get some more clearer help.
    Good luck........
    GMan

Member #
    GMan has some good insite. What about simply providing a link to unlock your tutorial content, or blog content, from your portfolio site?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for all your suggestions, i think i am going to go the blog route ill let you know when I have a design finished and post it. Thanks again.

Remove Ads