Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am making a site which is... err different. The theme involves the site being built into a confined area. This means that it cannot be scrolled down in the conventional way. If i allow this to happen the page will decend through my design.

I know i could make a scroll bar in flash but i don't really want my site to be a flash site. I have heard of a scrolling div. Would this a whole web page?

Further more i was thinking about a down arrow. When a user hovers over the down arrow the page would scroll down. Is this even possible without the use of flash?

Member #
    This might be helpful. It is DHTML and you have to click to scroll. In this example you can go up, down, stop, and back to the top. If you read through the provided code, it is fairly straight forward and you can easily change the speed and size... dunno if this helps, but good luck.

Dynamic Drive DHTML

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    The problem with a scrolling <div> is that is always puts both
    scrollers (vertical AND horizontal). Maybe CSS3 might address
    the horizontal scroll issue.

Also, only IE recognized the color of the scrollbar. Maybe
    that will be addressed also with CSS3.

There is also in-line frame with auto scroll <iframe> ... look into that too.

Remove Ads