Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: would you?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am asking: if i made a site that was a portfolio/tutorial/blog site. would you be a member and visit the site often. This is saying it is a nice looking site with pretty good tutorials?

Member #
    There are so many factors that go into it that nobody here can give you a straight yes or no.

If you have Photoshop tutorials, frankly I wouldn't stick around. That's not my type of thing. If you were blogging about that party the other night I wouldn't stick around; not my kind of thing either. If your portfolio was full of Flash work then I wouldn't bother. See what I mean?

Whether you have a successful site or not depends on what you put into it. If you have ambition and passion for it, along with something worth saying to the world, then you will have plenty of success. If you're just looking to make a name for yourself then don't bother.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Alright, thank you that is very good advice and also i dont use flash, it is usually unessisary, as far as photoshop it costs too much i prefer gimp lol.

Member #
    Content is king! I would say put information on topics you know lots about. Sharing your knowledge is a good way to reach other people, especially if you are an expert at something. You won't know how many other people need that particular knowledge until you get it out there and see. Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanx again

Member #
    I agree with the others that it is all about your content and I can't say, sight unseen, if I will visit your blog on a regular basis. If this is something that you want to do and you have a real passion for, then go for it. Maybe only your mom will visit it, but who cares. I say go for it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    very good and inspiring [kind of funny] advice, thanks

Remove Ads