Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Can someone tell me which software to use to create a branding guide or a user guide in pdf format (can be used for both viewing & printing)? I currently am trying the OpenOffice Word Writer from which I can export it as a PDF.

What is the industry standard? Do agencies use Acrobat Writer to create printable user guides/branding guide? or what else?

Thanks in advance !!

Member #
    Open office isn't a bad choice. I would stick with it if the formatting isn't too bad. You can make PDFs in almost all of Adobe's programs. You could also Quark or some of the other publishing tools were interesting. Illustrator I remember was fun as well, although a little heavy on the old MACs we used.

Graphic design class was a few years ago.

Member #
    Really, as long as you can get a nice page layout and export as PDF anything should work. No one will know what software you used to create it as long as it looks legit. However, Adobe Indesign is becoming the new standard for page layout... or at least that's what they're teaching in schools these days

Remove Ads