Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok so I'm designing a website for a band and the manager wants to be able to log onto the main page in order to write in updated news, etc. without having to include me in the process. I am very familiar with html and css, but I don't know what the best way to go about this would be. I'm assuming I need some kind of administrative login system ?? PHP?? I already have the site designed and want to incorporate this functionality... hope I don't have to start from scratch. Help would be appreciated... thanks y'all

Member #
    It depends on the type of login system you want to use, but yes probably PHP will work best.
    This site might help you if you are looking to not code everything yourself. Don't know if it is what you are looking for, but good luck with it.

www.drupal.org
    GMan

Member #
    Thanks for the reply... thats just the thing though... I don't have a clue where to start. At least now I know that I need a content management system. Thanks again!

Member #
    I was going to suggest a CMS.

And here's a crazy question: Could the news section function like a blog? There's software out there!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads